Any model of iPad with up-to-date software will work with the OLH program of studies. However, students will need a model with at least 32 GB of memory. For the 2016-2017 school year, all English, math, science, social studies, Spanish and theology texts are available on the iPad with the exception of some of the Advanced Placement texts.
In order to use free educational tools from Google, all students will need a gmail account, which is also free. Create the email account at www.gmail.com with the required format of email@example.com. Ex: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email Mrs. Hilsabeck at email@example.com with your new email account.
- iBooks – free – used for Literature, Science, Social Studies, and Theology texts
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt eTextbook – free – used for, Geometry, Spanish, and Economics texts
- VitalSource – free – used for Precalculus, Calculus, & Statistics texts
- Big Ideas Math – used for Algebra 1 and Algebra 2
- Bible – web page – http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/_INDEX.HTM
- RenWeb – web page – renweb.com
- Pages and Keynote will be provided if the iPad does not automatically have these.
- Khan Academy- free
- Edmodo – free
- Dictionary – free
- iTranslate – free, or Google Translate – free, or ConjuVerb Spanish – free
- Kindle – free
- Periodic Table – free
- YouTube – free
- Scan – free
We strongly recommend a keyboard case so that the iPad may be used as a laptop.
Nice to Have
- Note Taking: Evernote – free or Noteability – $1.99 or Paper Desk – $4.99
- Flashcards: Flashcards Plus – free, or gFlash+ – free
- SAT: free
- Graphing Calculator: free